Umpiring Training & Development Courses
We offer three types of training.
- New Umpires – First Monday each month – a overview of the Umpire’s Role, Basic Cricket Laws and Pathways to becoming involved at school, club, ACA & National levels.
- Cricket Education Workshops – Club based – ‘How Aucklanders Want the Game to be Played” – an emphasis on the New Laws, the Spirit of Cricket & Player/Umpiring.
- Fortnightly Umpires Training and Review Workshops – technical and practical development for regular and new members of the Auckland Umpires.
These workshops are supplemented by:
- Online Law elearning from the MCC website – Law knowledge certificates obtainable.
- 4 session NZC Exam Courses on Laws and Playing Conditions.
There are also special courses tailored to fit the needs of groups of players, coaches and administrators at clubs and schools.
Courses and Workshops are held at schools, clubs, and at Eden Park. Apply to the ACA Umpires Administrator for these workshops.
Community Umpiring Courses (Level 1)
ACA Clubs and the Umpires offer a beginners a one evening session to start people on the umpiring pathway to manage junior club/school cricket matches or act as accredited Player/Umpires for any level of cricket.
Call your local club OR the Auckland Umpires Administrator to register for the next course near you.
Dates for Courses: To be advised as club evenings are added.
Regular Umpire Education Evenings (Level 2)
Contact the Umpires Administrator OR phone/txt 021 0299 6872 to reserve a place at the next workshop.
Regular fortnightly Monday evening sessions are for all umpires and new members during the season.