AUCKLAND CRICKET | Directors
Auckland Cricket is seeking applications from Directors with the relevant skills and experience to serve on our seven-member Board.
Auckland Cricket is responsible for the development and promotion of cricket across the Auckland region and is one of six Major Associations in New Zealand. Our operations encompass all aspects of the development of our grassroots game, through to our talent identification programme and up to our elite teams including the Aces and Hearts.
We service a diverse population and have responsibility for a game that is changing rapidly. Prospective Directors will need to contribute meaningfully to setting and guiding the strategic direction of the organization, and will need to possess an excellent knowledge of the sporting environment within Auckland.
There are five positions to be filled. We currently have two Directors retiring by rotation, both of whom are seeking re-election. There are a further three vacancies and a Board member who is currently co-opted, who will be standing for election for one of the five available positions.
The Board requires a diverse range of skillsets to meet the varied demands of servicing cricket in Auckland, which is evaluated via a skills matrix. This has identified that prospective directors with experience in the following would add significant value to the Board environment:
- Grassroots cricket: A strong understanding of amateur and community cricket at club and school level, including both junior and senior.
- High performance sport: A demonstrable knowledge of high performance sport (cricket or otherwise), including best practice.
- Change management: Experience leading change successfully for organizations.
Successful applicants will be part of a Board that is focused on delivering to strategy and will therefore require strong governance experience and understanding of their role as a Director.
Auckland Cricket is committed to working towards Board diversity targets led by Sport NZ.
Please send a current CV and covering letter to Auckland Cricket CEO, Iain Laxon – firstname.lastname@example.org. A Board skills and competencies summary is available on request.
Applications close 14th Sep, 2021.
Please note that interviews for the positions will take place in the week commencing 27th Sep.
If you have any questions regarding these positions please contact CEO Iain Laxon, email@example.com
AUCKLAND UNIVERSITY CRICKET CLUB | Men's Premier (and Reserves) Assistant Coach
AUCC is seeking candidates interested in the appointment as its Men's Premier (and Reserves) Assistant Coach with the primary role of assisting the head coach to coach the Men’s Premier and Premier Reserve teams (that have practiced together as a squad in the past).
The Club is the second largest cricket club in Auckland and is located at Colin Maiden Park (CMP) on Merton Road, St Johns, Auckland. It has some of Auckland’s best playing and practice facilities including a first-class grass wicket and a grass practice block, as well as artificial nets. The Club is currently involved in developing an indoor training facility at CMP. The Club also has Auckland’s second largest junior playing membership with over 720 junior members.
The Club is seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable assistant coach with a focus on development, excellent organisation and communication skills as well as extensive playing and/or coaching experience, preferably with a qualification of NZC Level 2 or higher (or overseas equivalent). The Club will also entertain those interested in a player/coach role
The primary role shall be to assist the head coach to coach the Men’s Premier and Premier Reserve’s Teams Coach, but the Club is keen to broaden this role to include overseeing reserves team on Saturday if possible (but not required).
Applicants must hold a current NZ work visa. If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The expectations of the role are outlined in the Job Description which will be made available to all applicants.
Applications should be made on or before Thursday 30th September 2021
NELSON CRICKET | Community Cricket Officer
Nelson Cricket wishes to appoint a Community Cricket Officer on a six-month contract to implement our Community Cricket programme for 2021/22. We are looking for a suitably qualified person to be involved in both the delivery and design of our programmes. This newly created role will have a key focus on growth of participation in cricket among our constituent clubs and schools with a particular emphasis on school age players.
- Plan and deliver NCA Community Cricket programme for clubs and schools
- Actively promote, integrate, revitalise, and grow the game at all levels in Nelson
- To initiate and maintain contact with affiliated clubs and schools and facilitate the development of appropriate lines and links between them
- To increase participation levels in terms of players and volunteers
- Support and upskilling of club and school coaches
- To implement manage and expend specific Association initiatives
- Providing reports to Operations Manager and NCA Board
Requirements for the successful candidate include
- Playing and Coaching experience preferred
- Previous experience in delivering coaching and development programmes
- Passionate about cricket
- Prepared to work flexible hours including weekend and evening work
- Ability to deal with people in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to develop plans and to plan strategically
- Competent in the use of current Microsoft Office suite products
- Full NZ Driving Licence
- Permitted to legally work in New Zealand
The ideal person will be self-motivated and display a high level of communication and relationship skills, a love for community sport and growing sport within our community.
If you feel you have the attributes for this exciting position, please email your CV and cover letter to Tim Murdoch at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 08 October 2021
SOUTHLAND CRICKET | District Manager
The role: Southland Cricket is on the lookout for a District Manager to lead the organisation. The District Manager's role will be to implement the strategic goals of Southland Cricket, grow revenue to ensure financial sustainability, host outstanding cricket events and lead a team to see the sport prosper in the region.
Desired skills and attributes:
- Experience in general management and / or leadership positions.
- Knowledge and experience of the not for profit, volunteer sector, or community sport and the structure it operates within.
- Experience in strategic planning, business planning, budgetary planning and operational delivery of these key areas.
- Outstanding relationship management skills with ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- A tertiary qualification in Sport Management, Business or similar.
- Knowledge and understanding of the sporting landscape in New Zealand and the Southland would be an advantage
- Must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- Excellent, well developed relationship skills, to manage and work in diverse environments.
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills.
Please apply online via the Seek website via the following link: https://bit.ly/3kr6IQ9
For more information please contact Andrew Petrie, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 645 803.
To apply for this role you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Southland Cricket are open to discussing reduced/flexible hours with the successful candidate.
CORNWALL CRICKET CLUB | General Manager
Cornwall Cricket Club is seeking a General Manager to oversee the day-to-day management and operational aspects of all activities.
Cornwall Cricket Club is regarded as a leader in the field of community sport and currently boasts a membership of over 1400 members. The General Manager must successfully balance the demands and expectations of members with the financial needs of the club and develop strong and vibrant relationships with volunteers and sponsors.
Key skills required include:
· An ability to manage and develop staff.
· An understanding of finances.
· The ability to obtain and manage sponsorship opportunities.
· Event management.
· Comfortable using social media channels, Microsoft suite, cloud based software).
· Willingness to learn on the job.
This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to further their career managing a successful and professionally organised sporting body.
Please apply here
PARNELL CRICKET CLUB | Women's Reserve Team Coach
Parnell are also looking for an exceptional Premier Women’s Reserve Coach with a strong cricket background. The role is primarily responsible for the development of Women’s Premier Reserve players and will encompass the following:
- PCC Women’s Premier Reserve Squad. Attendance at all PCC Women’s Premier Reserve matches.
- Organisation and collaboration of Women’s Premier and Premier Reserve team trainings with Head Coach.
- Selector of Women’s Premier and Premier Reserve teams along with Head Coach and appointed selection panel.
- Coach and mentor for senior PCC Women players.
- 1:1 senior player coaching as and when required.
- Develop transition of PCC junior girls’ players into senior teams.
- Promote PCC to secondary school players with a view to having them continue to play for PCC while at school and once they leave school.
- Actively create and encourage open communication channels with Women’s Head Coach and all PCC Women players.
- Along with PCC Junior Coaches, assist with the development of junior elite girls’ players.
- Assist with PCC weekly pro coaching as and when required by the Director of Cricket.
- The role will be remunerated and reflect the quality and calibre of the successful candidate
This role will be for 7 months of the year, 1st Sept 2021 to 31st March 2022. A salary will be paid. Applicants must hold a current NZ work visa.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter to: Peter Hickman, PCC Director of Cricket, email@example.com by 5pm Friday 6th August 2021.
Click here for vacancies at Cricket Wellington.
Click here for vacancies at Canterbury Cricket.
Click here for vacancies at Otago Cricket.
Click here for vacancies at ND Cricket.